Loaded Kale and Quinoa Salad
The recipe is a delicious blend of vegetables and protein that will keep you full for hours. It is a perfect meal planning recipe as it is very versatile. You can eat it as an entree or as a side dish. Keep reading below to learn how to make it.
Materials: Bowl, knife, cutting board, skillet, salad bowl, mixing spoons, boiling pot
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 large beet root
- 1/2 cup feta cheese (optional if dairy free)
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup zaatar spice
- 1 tblspn cumin
- 1 tblspn turmeric
- 1 tblspn olive oil
- 1 splash of water
- 1 tblspn salt
- 1 tspn pepper
- 1 cup kalamata olives
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil and add 1 cup of quinoa. Boil for 10-15 minutes
- Soak kale in salt water for 5 minutes to remove any bugs or pesticides. Afterwards, thinly chop the kale and place in mixing bowl. Massage for 3 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Peel and cut beet root into cubes
- Open can of chickpeas, drain, and rinse
- Slice 1/4 red onion
- Place cubed beet root onto a lined sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Then place into the oven for 10 minutes to roast.
- Once quinoa is cooked, add the chickpeas and mix together. Then remove from the pot and transfer to the skillet over medium heat.
- Add cumin, salt, pepper
- Pan fry the quinoa for 10 minutes until it is a nice crispy golden color
- To the salad bowl of kale, add red onion, 1 tblspn olive oil, zaatar, kalamata olives, and red wine vinegar
- Once quinoa and beets are cooked, add to salad bowl
- Top with feta cheese (optional)
- Mix well
- Serve and enjoy
Try this recipe and tag #ilynsi with a photo so I can see! Comment below and let me know what you think.