Steel Cut Oats
Steel cut oats is perfect breakfast meal that helps to keep you fuller longer as well as helps to regulate your insulin levels. This has been my go to breakfast option for years. Check out my recipe below.
Materials: Boiling pot, stove, stirrer, cereal bowl
Ingredients: Steel cut oats, ¼ tspn of salt, agave, water, blueberries, chia seeds, strawberries, nuts of your choice (optional if you have a nut allergy)
- Boil 3 cups of water over the stove
- Add 1 cup of steel cut oats to the boiling water
- Add ¼ tspn of salt to the boiling water
- Boil until the oats come to a simmer
- Turn heat off and let oats continue to cook for 5 more min
- Once done cooking add to cereal bowl
- Add toppings of your choice and serve
Try this recipe and tag #ilynsi with a photo so I can see! Comment below and let me know what you think.