How to Achieve the Perfect Happy Baby Pose
Ananda Balasana or Happy Baby Pose is a helpful cool down pose that supports relaxation.
- Gently stretches the inner groin and the back spine
- Calms the brain and helps relieve stress and fatigue
- Lie on your back
- Exhale, bend your knees into your belly
- Inhale, lift your shoulders to grip the outsides of your feet with your hands
- Open your knees slightly wider than your torso, then bring them up toward your armpits
- Position each ankle directly over the knee so your shins are perpendicular to the floor
- Flex through the heels
- Gently push your feet up into your hands as you pull your hands down to create resistance.
- Beginner variation: If you can't easily hold your feet with your hands, try holding each foot with a yoga strap looped around the middle arch.
Breaths Hold for 3 to 5 breaths
- Neck injury, support head on a thickly folded blanket